Every month we choose 3 Spotify designers to share their thoughts on design, tech, and work. There’s just one catch: They need to do it in (roughly) 3 sentences or less.
What tips do you have for people starting a new job while working remotely?
Ashwini PurohitSenior Product Designer
1. Schedule shorter meetings for all those introductory one-on-ones — 30 minutes can feel like a long time over video.
2. I like to replicate a commute by taking a long walk at the end of the workday.
3. I can never find the things I bookmark or save, so keeping a simple table with all the useful resources I come across has been super valuable.
Gearóid O’RourkeProduct Design Manager
1. Accept that it will be harder to connect with people — don’t stress if it takes longer than you’d hoped.
2. Be ready to overshare. Being explicit about what you’re thinking and feeling helps avoid misunderstandings. It’s going to feel uncomfortable, but it’s worth it.
3. Set boundaries on your working time. It’s something your team will appreciate, just as much as you “finishing that deck this weekend”.
Mitul IyengarProduct Designer
1. Reorganize your physical space to give yourself a mental “reset”.
2. Discuss the same topics with different people. It’ll help you absorb the information and give you a broader perspective on how things work.
3. Set up 15-minute one-to-ones where you talk about non-work stuff — it’ll help you get to know each other!
Our latest in Noted
In this 3x3, Spotify Designers share the things that surprised them most about their Spotify Wrapped this year.
A few members of the team behind Blend share how they brought to life Spotify's first personalized playlist that combines two users’ music tastes.
In honor of Wellness Week, three Spotify Designers share (in three sentences) how they recharge their creative battery.
Learn how the design team behind the new 'Now Playing Bar' finessed a valuable piece of product real estate to make room for bigger changes.
Want Spotify Design updates
sent straight to your inbox?
By clicking send you'll receive occasional emails from Spotify Design. You always have the choice to unsubscribe within every email you receive.